To participate in the construction of the region and the consolidation of the Colombian nation is a fundamental part of the Universidad Nacional de Colombia mission. The Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Tumaco, through the Institute of Pacific Studies, aims to promote, guide, coordinate and disseminate research in Colombia Pacific Region.
The research at the Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Tumaco is conductec in coordination with research groups from the Andean and National Presence campuses of the Universidad Nacional de Colombia, in order to consolidate an interdisciplinary community of researchers interested in analyzing the dynamics of Colombia Pacific Region, in such a way that benefits different sectors of society and articulates the relationship academia – company – community – State.
Research is oriented by the Universidad Nacional de Colombia Vice-Rector of Research agenda:
- Environment and biodiversity
- Art and cultures
- Science and technology of minerals and materials
- Agricultural sciences and rural development
- Construction of citizenship and social inclusion
- Organizational, economic and industrial development
- States, political and legal systems
- Habitat, city and territory
- Health and life
- Information and communications technology